aaronhaun is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

When using Look Up, Table/Query, how do I make more than 1 field from the query appear in the list?

In Access, when using Look Up function, Table/Query, how do I make more than 1 field from the query appear in the drop down list?

I will be doing the same thing for students and some other tables. But for this example I am only wanting to show instructors first and last name and their ID number in the drop down.

I am using

Code:
    SELECT instructors.first, instructors.last, instructors.ID FROM instructors;
    in my Classes table.

What am I doing wrong?

I would like for it to show their instructor first and last name but actually put the ID in the field as I will be using that key for various relationship based functions. Show the first and last name to the person who will be using the database, but actually put the ID in the field so I can use it as a common field across other tables. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps I do appreciate it.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure how to do this in table/query - on a form with a combo box it would be simple. Is it possible to provide them with a form instead?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.