trevor40 is offline Advanced db Manager
    Windows XP Access 2003

create excel module/macro with access vba

Hi, just curious if it's possible to create an excel module/macro by using access vba to make the module/macro and then put it into an excel sheet, and then run the macro.
    or do i have to have a saved excel sheet with the macro already in it, open that file and import the macro from there?

drexasaurus is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    It is complicated. It's technically possible to add code to a module using vba, here is an example I favorited a while ago: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

What you might want to do is export the module you want to use as a file, and then import it into your projects when needed with code, rather than using an excel file with the module already in it. That is something that is easier than up above, and possibly more flexible that using a template like you suggested; I've done it with Access databases, and I assume it would work as well for excel.

Windows XP Access 2003

Excelent, it can be done

Quote Originally Posted by drexasaurus View Post
    It is complicated. It's technically possible to add code to a module using vba, here is an example I favorited a while ago: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

What you might want to do is export the module you want to use as a file, and then import it into your projects when needed with code, rather than using an excel file with the module already in it. That is something that is easier than up above, and possibly more flexible that using a template like you suggested; I've done it with Access databases, and I assume it would work as well for excel.

thanks for looking at this, now I can create a macro using access to create a macro for excel and run it. All from Access.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor40 View Post
    thanks for looking at this, now I can create a macro using access to create a macro for excel and run it. All from Access.

finnaly got around to doing it, and the results are great.
    adding -
    macros, modules, worksheet.update code as well.

BUT if you change your sheet names it may cause problems as the code to place the procedures uses the worksheet.codename and this doesnt cnange with the worksheet name.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.