JeffChr is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Missing Vertical Scrollbar

I am missing a vertical scroll bar on a subform within a tab control. If I manually refresh the records the scroll bar appears. Google searches results in lots of hits but I could not find any fixes. Anybody have a solution for this issue ? Thanks in advance.

NTC is offline VIP
    It is a form option to not have it; check that. Also if it is not needed then it does not appear. As you describe it as a subform within a tab control - do be sure that your sizing is appropriately large so that some of the sub form object is not being cut off.....

JeffChr is offline Advanced Beginner

Exclamation Solved

Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    It is a form option to not have it; check that. Also if it is not needed then it does not appear. As you describe it as a subform within a tab control - do be sure that your sizing is appropriately large so that some of the sub form object is not being cut off.....
    Thanks for your assistance. I found a backup copy of the database that was working correctly. I deleted the offending forms in my original copy and imported the forms from the backup db. The same missing elevator issue resurfaced using the newly imported forms.

I deleted all the offending forms and opened the MSysObjects table and found an entry for the deleted form. The MSysObjects table cannot be edited and I do not know how to interpret all the columns, but I suspect that if I could have deleted that row, all would be well.

So I scrapped the db with the issue, and made a copy of the backup db.

Of course all this was after I had researched the issue on the internet and inspected all the form properties and tried to set same with various events on multiple forms. All in all, about 3 hours for an issue that Microsoft should have resolved years ago. There are a multitude of suggestions on the web, from display dpi settings to moving about in record sets, etc. Compact and Repair was no help either.

Just another case where importing objects into a new database ultimately is the solution to "corruption".

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.