Burnrose is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Weather API

Re: https://www.accessforums.net/forms/a...her-34620.html
    This is exactly what I am looking for, but I only need the Current temperature automatically imported into my database. I am not educated in the use of visual basic for access to be able to import/use this code. Is there a free source for me to learn this capability? I don't wish to bother you all with teaching me here, although I do pick up on things quickly when necessity demands it . Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Background info: I am building a database journal to make it easier to log, monitor and record the health of my wife to track her symptoms and guide us to help determine a diagnosis for her health condition. Including the the current temp on click demand would make it so much more convenient for her to use.
    Thank you for any guidance you all can lend me.
    Last edited by June7; 11-19-2014 at 12:51 PM.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    I dont see what the vb debuging thread does, but for your problem....
    you need either a web site or entry screen that can pull the temp, then run an append query to add it to your log table.

I dont see anywhere in your question that has where you're pulling the data.
    Where are you pulling the data?

Windows 8 Access 2013
    My question was based on my topic search and the helpful comments in this thread. I have also, previously setup an account at http://www.wunderground.com but the tutorial on the site is focused towards importing webservice into excel not access. I'm looking for a solution to add current weather temp to my access database when an entry is made.
    Last edited by Burnrose; 11-19-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Typo

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, mod error when splitting post to its own thread. Fixed the URL in first post.

That thread has all the info needed to replicate process database. What have you attempted and why does it not work - error message, wrong results, nothing happens?

Post your code for analysis.

An alternative is to put up a thermometer outside your house, read it, and type value into record, that is if you want to know the temp at your house. Those website data will be an average for your community. In my case, can be 10 degrees different from at my house.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    I'm don't, as of yet, have the knowledge for the use of visual basic in access. I don't know how to apply that code at all. I'm looking for a source to learn how to apply the code to my database to add current temperature from my wunderground account that I set up yesterday. I recently learned access and have the basics down. I guess I need visual basic knowledge to import data? and will also need to find out how to upload to my website for my wife to input data freely without breaking out her laptop every time. (So she can input from her phone)

June7 is offline VIP
    I see 3 issues:

1. learning VBA
    If you have any knowledge of basic programming concepts, should be easy to cross over to VBA - matter of getting familiar with syntax and vocabulary. If you know zero programming, then you have a long way to go. There are lots of web resources.
    https://howtoprogramwithjava.com/pro...ming-language/
    http://ms-access-tips.blogspot.com/2...ers-guide.html

2. program the weather data extract
    follow the referenced thread

3. upload data to website
    again, involves programming skills in other apps and languages - more to learn
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    I'm willing and able. I have various basic knowledge of programming, enough to be dangerous lol, and I have my own web hosted site. I don't want to use/setup sharepoint unless that is my only option. Would rather find a way to just add a url for her to access for data entry if possible (I'll address that part when I get there). I will take a look at the links you provided. I need to find some kind of training tutorial to get familiar with the use of the visual basic inside access UI. The visual basic UI opens up and I was immediately lost in how to navigate it.

June7 is offline VIP
    I started with basic programming knowledge and was lucky to have a personal tutor consultant provided by my employer to get me started with Access and VBA. After a few months I quit calling the consultant for guidance. Most of what I have learned since has been by example from the web.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    I used cd599.com for crash course training, but I have no one to bounce questions or ideas off of. Google is my best friend The link for ms-access-tips looks very promising. I truly thank you for that. I will go over it thoroughly tonight and keep you informed of my progress.

June7 is offline VIP
    I don't have any books dedicated to programming in Access but this one sounds interesting: Access™ 2007 Programming by Example with VBA, XML, and ASP by Julitta Korol, Wordware Publishing, Inc. I expect there is a later edition. The XML and ASP might be relevant to your web interface.

212marines is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    Sounds like a task very suited for C#. I recommend writing a C# DLL file in C# and then referencing it in VBA

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.