gg80 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007

In design mode, column at left with scroll button disappeared

When I open a form in design mode, the column on the left with the scroll button, inch markings and square at top of column for creating code form has disappeared. Very frustrating. Is it something I did or has my Access died? Using A2007 with W7. Any help much appreciated

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Do you have the top ruler? I don't have a scroll button on the left - only bars on bottom and right.

The rulers can be turned off/on from the ribbon Arrange tab, click Size/Space.

Not aware of any form or report property that will disable the rulers.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    No, I don't get the top ruler anymore either. I assume that it disappeared with the left column ruler.

I clicked arrange tab, but the only options available are Header/footer or Snap to Grid. All other icons are faded mode and see nothing about Size/space . This is driving me nuts-hope you or someone can steer me in right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Do you have the top ruler? I don't have a scroll button on the left - only bars on bottom and right.

The rulers can be turned off/on from the ribbon Arrange tab, click Size/Space.

Not aware of any form or report property that will disable the rulers.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Not sure if my last message made it, so may be repeating. I found the ruler option on another form. Not sure why didn't get it on first form. On first form, found small icon below the ribbon that gave me the option. Incidentally, I get the left column and you are right, there is no scroll button there. Not sure why I thought that there was.. Thanks much. Solved

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know what you mean by 'small icon below the ribbon' - not seeing anything like that.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I have since determined that I am talking about the Quick Access Toolbar. It can be displayed above or below the ribbon. By right clicking on an empty space in the toolbar, you can add or remove icons. Somehow, (not my doing).how/Hide is one of the icons.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I don't know what you mean by 'small icon below the ribbon' - not seeing anything like that.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.