craig1988 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Module to run queries based on a parameter from looping through a recordset and emailing a report

Hi there

I have tried to accomplish this a while ago with no luck. Since then my access skills have improved and I am ready to tackle it again.

I have an ever changing number of Staff that are identified from their StaffID in a table called TStaffList. I would like to run query for all the StaffID's (actually a report based on that query). I need it to loop through the StaffID's and use the StaffID as a parameter.

The query is a SELECT query from a table called TErrorLog where I select all Errors commited by a staff member between certain dates. I am using a Form called FWeeklyReport to pass the StartDate and EndDate to the Query

Code:
    Between [Forms]![FWeeklyReport]![StartDate] And [Forms]![FWeeklyReport]![StartDate]
    Upon generating the report (based on the query above) I would like it to be emailed to the person who it belongs to (the StaffID that was used during the recordset). In the TstaffList I have a column called EMail that contains the e-mail address of that person.

I am not confident enough to tackle the recordsets so I would like some help with them (I presume I have to open two recordsets, one for StaffID and one for Email). Also, I need to know how exactly to build the select query.

Thanks in advance.
    Craig

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    in a form, put a listbox on the form of your Staff called lstStaff: StaffID, Name, email
    another list box for report. user can select the report to send. lstRpts
    the report would have the lstStaff reference of the person
    then click the email button to start the scan

Code:
    Dim vRpt, vName, vTo

vRpt = lstRpts
    For i = 0 To lstStaff.ListCount - 1
       lstStaff = lstStaff.ItemData(i)
       vName = lstStaff.Column(1)
       vTo = lstStaff.Column(2)

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, vRpt, acFormatPDF, vTo, , , "Subject", "body"
    Next

Quote Originally Posted by craig1988 View Post
    Hi there

I have tried to accomplish this a while ago with no luck. Since then my access skills have improved and I am ready to tackle it again.

I have an ever changing number of Staff that are identified from their StaffID in a table called TStaffList. I would like to run query for all the StaffID's (actually a report based on that query). I need it to loop through the StaffID's and use the StaffID as a parameter.

The query is a SELECT query from a table called TErrorLog where I select all Errors commited by a staff member between certain dates. I am using a Form called FWeeklyReport to pass the StartDate and EndDate to the Query
    Code:
    Between [Forms]![FWeeklyReport]![StartDate] And [Forms]![FWeeklyReport]![StartDate]
    Upon generating the report (based on the query above) I would like it to be emailed to the person who it belongs to (the StaffID that was used during the recordset). In the TstaffList I have a column called EMail that contains the e-mail address of that person.

I am not confident enough to tackle the recordsets so I would like some help with them (I presume I have to open two recordsets, one for StaffID and one for Email). Also, I need to know how exactly to build the select query.

Thanks in advance.
    Craig

craig1988 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi Ranman

I am a little confused. I assumed I would have to open up recordsets... Why do I need the two list boxes? I want to run this all with one click of the command button.

Do I need to create a report called lstReport or will it be created when I click the button?

Thanks
    Craig

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.