Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

When I open database get error messages about having to modify code for 64-bit. I have to add PtrSafe to all the API functions. How do you get this to work without that?

I open BATCH HEADER SHEET form and get a zillion popups - why? Can't analyze the specific issue with all this other stuff in the way.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

nmart1230 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    My company that I work for works on a 64 bit systems. Well the BATCH HEADER SHEET form is a query based form, but it should only ask you for the DCS ID #. I will look into it and see if I can correct it then upload it again. Sorry!

Here is the reworked db, hopefully it works better for you this time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    I am also working with 64-bit Windows7 so I don't understand how you run this code without the PtrSafe qualifier. I had to again edit code for this so Compile would not error on those. However, get error in the SCAN_INPUT form - "Method or data member not found" - on the Me.RE_SCAN_OPERATOR reference. Same with Me.STATUS.

tblSecurity is a link so I don't have that table and its data available.

I NEVER use dynamic parameterized queries.

What should I enter into the popup?

Suggestions for naming convention: do not use spaces and special characters/punctuation (underscore is exception) - ALL CAPS is harder to read.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

You should enter "test" in the parameter. I am in the process of changing all of the problems of the db. Thanks for the key points.

June7 is offline VIP
    Okay, the BATCH HEADER SHEET form opens with #Name? errors all over the place. I have lost track of the issue. Restate it.

Okay, so we worked on code when the form "SCAN INPUT" opens it gets the users "ID" from the table "EMPLOYEE LIST NEW" but the problem is it is storing the users login to the table "BATCH HEADER SHEET". So, when I open the form "BATCH HEADER SHEET" it is showing the users login for said record instead of their "ID". For management reasons I can't have their logins in this form only "ID".

June7 is offline VIP
    1. SCAN INPUT form opens to DCS ID "test" record from BATCH HEADER SHEET

2. Enter an operator login (from which field of EMPLOYEE LIST NEW?) into SCAN OPERATOR box - this is a bound textbox so the value is saved into SCAN OPERATOR field. If you don't want this value saved then don't bind the textbox to field.

3. Code uses SCAN OPERATOR input value to find record in EMPLOYEE LIST NEW, uses ID field as the search field to match SCAN OPERATOR input, should it search a different field (see item 2)?

4. What field value do you want from EMPLOYEE LIST NEW to be saved into BATCH HEADER SHEET and into which field?

1. If this a question then you are correct.

2. The operator login comes from the "ID" field from the EMPLOYEE LIST NEW table. I want it to save to the SCAN OPERATOR field on the BATCH HEADER SHEET table that's why it is bound to said table. But on the SCAN INPUT form it show operators ID but is storing their login to the SCAN OPERATOR field on that table.

3. No, I want the ID stored to table. But, it stores login.

4. I want the ID to the table in the SCAN OPERATOR field of the BATCH HEADER SHEET table. Like I previously stating on the SCAN INPUT form it shows ID based off of login but doesn't store to table it stores the login. Which management doesn't allow.

June7 is offline VIP
    I am totally confused.

The value from ID field of EMPLOYEE LIST NEW is what user inputs into Operator textbox?

You want the ID value saved to SCAN OPERATOR field of BATCH HEADER SHEET? - okay, textbox bound to field does that. User inputs ID, value saved.

Code in the form Load event attempts to pull ID from the EMPLOYEE LIST NEW table if user network username is found in EMPLOYEE LIST NEW.

I see nothing in this arrangement that is not doing what you say you want - save ID value from EMPLOYEE LIST NEW to SCAN OPERATOR field of BATCH HEADER SHEET.

I entered ID 1 (Beckum), 1 is saved.

Well the code automatically gets ID to put in SCAN OPERATOR control of SCAN INPUT form. So, the user isn't inputting anything into control. But when user clicks save it saves the user login to SCAN OPERATOR field of BATCH HEADER SHEET table. I don't know why it's doing it because I figured if the code pulls ID from EMPLOYEE LIST NEW table and puts it in the control when the user clicks save it would save what's it the control but it doesn't. When I run my test file through SCAN INPUT my ID shows in SCAN OPERATOR control on the form. But when I look in the BATCH HEADER SHEET table or query my test file in the BATCH HEADER SHEET form it shows my login. I thought the code would work they way we intended it but for some weird reason it isn't.

June7 is offline VIP
    I don't see any code that would cause that.

I can't test the Environ() function because I don't have tblSecurity to work with. The code is pulling from the ID field.

I can't add myself to the EMPLOYEE LIST NEW because UserName field is number type and my username is text. I would have to redesign tables.

Unless you want to provide a db with all elements necessary to test, I can't help. As it is there is no reason for ID not to be saved.

I will make the tblSecurity a local table tomorrow when I get back to the office. If that will help you at all. To see if you can get it to recreate what's happening when I do it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.