ecalvert47462 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Saving an Access Report, as a PDF, to my desktop

Hello All,
    So I recently wanted to know how I could save an access report, as a PDF, to my computer's desktop at the push of a button...and I did, also got it to add today's date as well. After searching the internet I found the below code and it works great, here is the code I use:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Private Sub Command2_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_Command2_Click
    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stReportPathName As String
    stDocName = "Sales Report By Area"

stReportPathName = "C:\Users\" & Environ("UserName") & "\Desktop\Sales Report By Area " & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") & ".pdf"

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , acHidden

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, stDocName, acFormatPDF, stReportPathName, , True

DoCmd.Close acReport, "Sales Report By Area", acSaveNo

MsgBox "Report has been saved to Desktop"

Exit_Command2_Click:
    Exit Sub
    Err_Command2_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Command2_Click
    End Sub
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So now that I got that down I want to be able to do one more thing. I have some reports that based on a combobox selection I make will then run the report and spit out the results. I want to be able to do the exact same thing with those reports but also put the selection that I made (from my combobox) in the report name when it's saved to my desktop.
    For example, let's say I go to my form and select the area that I want from the combobox....let's say I select "Northwest"....How would I get my selection of "Northwest" to fall into the report name/date (like was done in code above) so it would automatically all be one title like:
    Sales Report By Area - Northwest 12-15-14
    What would I need to add to the above code to make that happen?
    Thanks,
    Eric

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Concatenate the combobox into the string just like referencing any variable.

... & Me.comboboxname & Format(...
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ecalvert47462 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    so just put the ...& Me.comboboxname...right before i go into the formate(date...part of it?
    wow, that seems super easy. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see if it works.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Wait, that was assuming value of combobox is actually the descriptive text "Northwest". If the value is actually an ID from a lookup table, code will have to reference the column that has "Northwest". Is the combobox multi-column? Reference combo and list box columns by their index. Index begins with 0.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.