I知 trying to build a database, (I知 using Microsoft Access 2000) for our CNC program files, I have all the basic information set but I am having trouble with entering the program numbers for each machining operation.

What I知 hoping for is to be able to automatically generate program numbers based on the number of operation required for each print in the database, and also keep a running total for future prints.

For example print number 1 needs 3 machining operations to be complete, So we have program numbers O00001, O00002, and O00003, another print needs 4 operations to be completed and so the program numbers need to be O00004, O00005, O00006, and O00007, and so on.

The machines at my shop all have floppy drives so I would also like to know how to limit the number of CNC program files that is entered on each disk to 25 or 50 files. So from the database how do I tell it to automatically switch to another disk? For example customer1痴 #1 floppy disk has reached the maximum number of program files that I want on it, so what do I put on the form to tell it to switch to customer1痴 #2 floppy disk.?