Classic is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Shared Drive Access Issue

I've built a small database with Access 2007 at work. I've split it and installed it on our shared Drive. I install the front end on my computer running XP 2002 and I have no issues. I install it on another computer running windows 7 and log on and I still have no problems. I let one of the other employees log on and install it on their home page and they get a ".accdb is not a valid Win32 application" error. What gives? Pulling my hair out here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You need to make sure that their version of Access or Access Run Time is compatible with their Front End File. In order to open an accdb file, you need to have Access 2007 or later. Having said that, It is best to develop apps using the earliest version. Then, the Users can use the same version or later to open their FE file. However, the use of Macros and or deprecated features can still cause issues.

Windows XP Access 2007
    We are all running 2007. Thats what is really frustrating about this. I even built this on my work computer to eliminate this issue.

Can you explain what, exactly, this process involves?
    I let one of the other employees log on and install it on their home page...

Windows XP Access 2007
    We have a work based network within 4 plant sites across the country. You log into any computer with your login and password and it brings you to your home page with your unique settings. Levels of entry, preferences, background etc... Just as it is with a multi user system at home. I put this database on a shared drive that is accessible across the company network. I did it with both a lower level employee and a member of upper management. Each have the same Access 2007 as I have on my computer installed by IT. I can log into any computer and it works but they cant. I have given full access to the database.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Also there is only two simple macros. I will take a 1 table database tomorrow and install it and see what happens.

Unless your Users are logging in using RDP over a VPN, I would expect problems connecting to an Access DB remotely. There are always exceptions to the rules. However, additional provisions would need to be implemented.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.