Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Remove that last quote mark. It is not in my example.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ingarchsf is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    ok, sorry!

Now.. it works only if I write all the three parameters.. but.. if I use only one parameter, it tells "missing operator"..
    is there any way to solve? like.. the "Like... & "*"" that we put previously in the query?

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't use dynamic parameter queries. And the LIKE with wildcard only works with text fields, not number type fields.

I would use VBA code to conditionally build the filter string. Review: http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62code.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I don't use dynamic parameter queries. And the LIKE with wildcard only works with text fields, not number type fields.

I would use VBA code to conditionally build the filter string. Review: http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62code.html
    uhm.. but previously inside the query worked also for numeric field!!

btw.. I've understood through that link that I should use an "if".. can I use the "if.. then" inside WHERE? I remember that in Pascal syntax it was possible..

June7 is online now VIP
    If used with number field, LIKE 1* should return 1, 10, 11, 100, etc. If your data never exceeds the number 9, then the LIKE and wildcard is fine.

I think IIf() in criteria of query object is possible but tricky. I don't use dynamic parameters in queries at all.

uhm... ooooooooooooook..
    so.. any way to let the CODE know that "if you don't see any value in that field, don't worry.. you could use the other two!!!" :P

June7 is online now VIP
    Post 63 references an Allen Browne article with example VBA code to accomplish that.

Post 63 references an Allen Browne article with example VBA code to accomplish that.
    June7.. I don't know how to use it!! I could read it as much as I want, but I have no idea of how to use it!..

June7 is online now VIP
    Did you read the Search Criteria article that Allen References at the top of his page? It has a sample database you can download to learn from.

Did you read the Search Criteria article that Allen References at the top of his page? It has a sample database you can download to learn from.
    yes, I've read it.. but.. I don't know where to put any of those.. how to edit any of those.. I have 3 fields..

June7 is online now VIP
    Allen's example builds criteria to set form Filter property. The code is in a button Click event. Did you explore the sample database?

Adapt code to your requirements. What is it you do not understand about programming with VBA and adapting example code? Haven't you been able to adapt other example code, such as from database provided by ssanfu? Why can't you do that with Allen's example? Use whatever parts you need. You need 3 parameters then you need 3 If Then structures. Instead of setting form Filter property, use the constructed criteria string in the WHERE clause of the SQL statement for the recordset.

Use whichever of Allen's If Then examples are appropriate and fill in the blanks:
    Code:
    Private Sub ExportPDF_Click()
    Dim ...

If ... Then
    End If

If ... Then
    End If

If ... Then
    End If

'See if the string has more than 5 characters (a trailing " AND ") to remove.
        lngLen = Len(strWhere) - 5
        If lngLen > 0 Then
            'Yep: there is something there, so remove the " AND " at the end.
            strWhere = "WHERE " & Left$(strWhere, lngLen)
        End If
        strSQL = "Select Selezione_corso_2014.[Cognome], Selezione_corso_2014.[Data_modulo] From Selezione_corso_2014 " & strWhere & ";"
        Set MyRS = MyDB.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenForwardOnly)  
        With MyRS
        End With
    End Sub

uhm.. problem: impossible to find the method (syntax error) on Me.qncorso1 (number) inside the second If.. [and the same on Me.qnmodulo1 (number) inside the third If..

Code:
    Private Sub ExportPDF_Click()
        Dim MyDB As DAO.Database
        Dim MyRS As DAO.Recordset
        Dim strSQL As String
        Dim strRptName As String
        Dim sCriteria As String
        Dim strWhere As String                  'The criteria string.
        Dim lngLen As Long                      'Length of the criteria string to append to.

Set MyDB = CurrentDb
        strRptName = "Attestati_2014"

If Not IsNull(Me.qcognome1) Then
            strWhere = strWhere & "([Cognome] Like ""*" & Me.qcognome1 & "*"") AND "
        End If

If Not IsNull(Me.qncorsol) Then
            strWhere = strWhere & "([N_corso] = " & Me.qncorsol & ") AND "
        End If

If Not IsNull(Me.qnmodulol) Then
            strWhere = strWhere & "([N_modulo] = " & Me.qnmodulol & ") AND "
        End If

'See if the string has more than 5 characters (a trailing " AND ") to remove.
        lngLen = Len(strWhere) - 5
        If lngLen > 0 Then
            'Yep: there is something there, so remove the " AND " at the end.
            strWhere = "WHERE " & Left$(strWhere, lngLen)
        End If

'OLD SQL
        '    strSQL = "Select Selezione_corso_2014.[Cognome], Selezione_corso_2014.[Data_modulo] From Selezione_corso_2014;"
        ' this query selects all records with the surname entered in Me.txtCognome   (Form1.txtCognome)
        ' You would need to modify this to maybe include dates if you didn't want to re export previously
        ' exported records.
        strSQL = "Select Selezione_corso_2014.[Cognome], Selezione_corso_2014.[Data_modulo] From Selezione_corso_2014 " & strWhere & ";"
        ' strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE Cognome ='" & Me.qcognome1 & "' AND N_corso =" & Me.qncorso1 & " "
        Set MyRS = MyDB.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenForwardOnly)

'    Application.Echo False

With MyRS
            Do While Not MyRS.EOF
                'create the criteria string              '   "Cognome" is a text field, "Data_modulo" is a date field.
                sCriteria = "[Cognome]='" & ![Cognome] & "' and [Data_modulo] = #" & ![Data_modulo] & "#"
                DoCmd.OpenReport strRptName, acViewPreview, , sCriteria

'now output the report
                DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, strRptName, acFormatPDF, "C:\Attestati\" & ![Cognome] & "_" & Format(![Data_modulo], "YYYYMMDD") & ".pdf", False
                DoCmd.Close acReport, strRptName
                .MoveNext
            Loop
        End With
    '    Application.Echo True
        MyRS.Close
        Set MyRS = Nothing
        MsgBox "Done"
    End Sub
    Last edited by ingarchsf; 09-01-2014 at 07:40 AM.

June7 is online now VIP
    N_corso and N_modulo are number type fields? I don't see anything wrong with the code syntax. But I thought modulo was a date/time type?

no, only number fields, no date fields!

June7 is online now VIP
    Then why is Data_modulo formatted as a date in the report criteria?

Still no idea why the code errors. If you want to provide latest version of db ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.