Gryphoune is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Problem with a weekly query at month end

We run weekly reports to show totals by property for recovered and lost revenue. The person I took this over from built the following queries to give the weekly sums but when the end of the month is during the week I get no data on the report. Is there a better way to build this query/queries so that I get accurate weekly data even at month end? I am assuming that the problem is with Week Ending parameters but I'm not sure how to change them or if another parameter is required to bridge the month end. Or should it require input for begin and end date? Thanks for anything you can help with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFxtab1.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	17660 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFxtab2.PNG 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	17661 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propgpropef.PNG 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	17662

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I think the problem is with the where clause for Month -

It is using month(now()) as the criteria, meaning that the month of the expression it is checking (which I can't understand!) must be the current month. So, if you run the query on the first of the month, there will be few if any records that match.

eki einstein is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    creating a form thats input begin and end date its good idea that was usual ms acces programers do !, but in my Opinion Ms Acces Advance Filter are give more to user and help programer acces do much eassier to using it(the Query), in advance filter there is so many way to user to decide what they want to create/run the Query it self(Monthly,Quaterly,Year,between,etc) for weekly sorting group they can use between. and i think its better than we wrote it in the Criteria field that some times can create a Bug when the query run for many goal.

this some pictures from my apps that I using Advance Filter as advantage to user to using it. and what my client say about it are "its are exactly what they need."

what you need is creating a form then create subform containing the Query and of course you can adding a print button to print the Query or link it to a report that you create from the beginning.

Name:	sample app.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	17663

Sorry if i had bad english because im an indonesian www.ekieinstein.com

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What is correct according to your business rules? If the summary is supposed to be weekly, then basing the summation on week end date does not consider the month end (nor year end). Do you want to break the crossover week by the last day of month and report partial week in each month? One approach might be to calculate a year/month/week and group on that.

YMW: Year([datefield]) & Month([datefield]) & DatePart("ww", [datefield])
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

What we need is a strictly week report regardless of the month. This basically outputs the weekly production of the team. There is a report with subreports that calls up the recovered and loss totals for each property but this query determines what dates to pull the data from. I run the report every Friday afternoon and our week runs Sun-Sat.

"If the summary is supposed to be weekly, then basing the summation on week end date does not consider the month end (nor year end)."

Does this mean I can remove the month and year criteria and it should work properly or do I need to add an additional criteria to pull just the last week?

June7 is online now VIP
    If you want a strictly weekly summary and calculate the week end date for each record based on relevant date field and apply filter to that calculated date, why would separate year and month criteria be needed?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks June7. I was kinda thinking that but the report actually pulls data for previous weeks in the month so at the beginning of the month the report can't pull data for the previous month. Here's a screen of the report design.

Name:	WSdesign.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	17665

eki einstein is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    if this strictly report as you mention i think the best solution it use start and end date ,my oppinion is you not need seperate Month criteria and year field just like june7 say

June7 is online now VIP
    Suggest apply filter criteria to the week end date (FROM/TO or >).
    Last edited by June7; 08-05-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.