apacs is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Font type in Form changes when I change font colour

I am experiencing a problem in MS Access 2013. I have a form which was working just fine until now. It has form labels in Calibri font and their font colour is one shade lighter than black. Today, I changed the font colour of the form labels to be Automatic - black (shows as 'Text 1' colour in the form properties). I did this in Design view.

I find that when I switch to layout view, the font of the labels appears as Century Gothic. This is the font that appears in the Form view. So while the font colour is correctly changed, the font name is not what I had set in the Design view. When I go back to the Design view, and change the font colour back to the original colour which was one shade lighter than black (Text 1, Lighter 50%), the font is correct in the Layout view and the Form view (Calibri).

So it seems that there is some sort of binding between the font colour (black) and the font name (Century Gothic). When I change the font colour, the font also changes. When I restore the original colour (one shade lighter than black), the font Calibri is correctly retained.

I have searched a lot on the internet but I could not find an explanation. Would be very much appreciated if someone could explain it and what is the solution.

Kind Regards

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Cannot replicate the issue. But I don't have Access 2013.

For weird issues like this, often the only explanation is corruption.

Does this happen with only the one form? If so, try rebuilding the form.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

apacs is offline Novice
    Hi June7,

Thanks for replying. Yes, it is happening with all the forms. For now, I have got around the problem by leaving the font to century gothic. The combination of this font and black colour works just fine. It must be one of the Access quirks !

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can you test the db with another computer? If you want to provide, I will test with Access 2010. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

apacs is offline Novice
    Hi June 7,

Thank you for your kind offer. I would consider this a minor issue, not a major one. So I would say that it is not worth spending time on reproducing it. Thanks for your help !!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.