cp1981 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Only Split Form Form/Layout View not showing any labels and text boxes...Suggestions?

I have a query that Im using for a split form. When I look at Layout or Form view, no textboxes or labels appear in the details section. I have one textbox in the form header that appears. So i tried moving it under details and it disappeared as well. I looked at the source of my form and its the correct query. But when I copy/paste the labels and textboxes into a regular form everything appears.

What in the world could be wrong with the split form Form/layout view???

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Controls don't appear in Form View when three conditions exist at the same time:

• The Form is Bound to a Table or Query
    • There are No Records in the underlying Recordset or the Recordset cannot be accessed
    • The Form cannot have New Records added

The reasons that a Bound Form cannot have New Records added include:

1. AllowAdditions for the Form is set to No
    2. The underlying Query the Form is based on is Read Only
    3. User doesn't have Read and/or Write Permission for the Folder where the Data resides or there is a connection problem with the network.
    4. Folder the File resides in (in versions 2007/2010) not having been declared as 'Trusted'
    5. Form's Recordset Type is set to Snapshot

From your description, it is likely that #2 above is your problem. Open the Query independently and see if you can add a Record.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

No I cannot.

OK, dont know what in the world I did really. All I did was exit and re-open tables and queries, doing some things over and over again (lookup definition of insanity). And then something just worked, dont have a clue what took place. The only thing was it displayed records forever but only displaying one record over and over. So now the query along with the form "works", but I dont know for how long lol

*UPDATE* Went right back to it and its all the same again. One of the things I noticed so far, in the Existing Fields, it shows the tables and not the fields in the query I have the form sourced to. Would that have anything to do with it? Keep in mind Im not the best Access guru guy. So please bear with me if something dont make sense to me...I dont have too much of "common knowledge" of this stuff. I know a few things and surprise myself at times, but far from spittin' out a fully active and attractive database with a day or so.

*UPDATE* I entered in 3 records into one of the tables that the query is linked to. It displays the three records and repeats them and automatically entering 27 records into the query

Ok, so I was able to put a cursor into one of the boxes into the datasheet view of the query and tried editing the box. I was prompted with "This Recordset not updateable".

So, I just deleted the query and re-did it. No problems...just a lil bit frustrating. Thanks for the help.

*UPDATE* When I first completed the query, everything seemed fine and it looked like the rest of my queries, even having the "(New)" at the the bottom of the last record. No duplicates of the records. Everything checked out. It all started when I made the split form through the query and thats when I went back to square one.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.