data808 is offline Noob
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Database Running Slow

I got a few databases and all of them run very fast compared to one of them. What I mean is when you click on buttons it has a slight lag before it loads the next form. For example, when I log in. I click the log in button and it has this pause for a second or two, and then the next form loads. Whereas my other databases are instantly. Its not a huge deal but it doesn't bother me and I would like to fix this if possible. Any ideas what's going on here?

razors1968 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Are these single user databases? Is the database on a single work station or linking to a backend across a network?
    I had a similar problem that turned out to be related to a redundant network connection (Which the database did not actually use???)
    I have also had a similar problem when the default printer was unavailable (offline).

Please post back if you do discover the solution.

Cheers

Raymondo

data808 is offline Noob
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    Sorry for the late reply. I still have not found a solution to the problem. It is meant for a multi-user environment. This is a frontend/backend database, however, I did not set it up yet. Its still in the developing stages and not even on the network yet. The backend is on my C: Drive along with the frontend. So I know its not a network issue yet. I was thinking it was an indexing thing but not sure since I don't really understand how indexing works. Like I mentioned before, my other databases are fast when clicking on buttons to load other forms. It's just the one unusual one that is lagging and I don't know why. Any other suggestions? Anyone?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.