Trek-Fan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Open Report In Full Screen (Not Maximized)

First I would like to again say thanks to "June7" for getting me pointed in the right direction last night and allowing me to complete my database.

I am at the final step, and need just a touch of help:

This database has a form for project managers to input their requirements, and a couple of reports. The form "Projects" is the form to input requirements, and the other form "Launch" launches a slide show. The intended purpose is to be a status board that cycles through (4) reports. The reports look correct, data is moving correctly, but I would like for this open full screen (not maximaized). In a perfect world, the standalone machine using a flat panel tv as a display, would have nothing but the report showing, no ribbon, taskbar, etc. I did some searching and found the following on a forum, but am not sure if I can incorporate it into my database. I have attached the database to see my code (please no remarks about the amateur looks of my database, I am very much a novice)

Here is a quote from a different forum (I have tried to incorporate this, but could not make it work)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    heh nice resurrect, best to open a new thread when you have a question.

That said, here's one way you can make it totally full screen (no windows task bar, no nuthin other than your app)

Form Properties:

Popup = Yes
    Modal = Yes
    Border = None
    ControlBox = No
    MinMax = Neither
    Close = No

VBA Form_Open Procedure:

docmd.Maximize

At this point the program will "take over the world", the user will still be able to Alt-Tab around or hit the Windows key on the keyboard and bypass the program, but short of going to the task manager they will not be able to close it without using your close button. Since you are using touchscreen I'm assuming no keyboard is available to the user, so if they need to get out of the program for any legitimate reason, I would put a button on there that will minimize the app so they can access the desktop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to say thanks in advance for any help I can get, and I really do appriciate any and all feedback (even if it is to tell me I suck so bad at Access, I should go buy a whiteboard!!)

Thanks again,
    Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Haven't downloaded db yet. Does it incorporate the code you posted? Have you tested? What are issues?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Trek-Fan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    No, It does not incorporate that code. I tried but was getting VBA errors. Right now, it runs as a slideshow, cycling between the (4) reports. The reports run maximized inside the Access window, I was hoping to get it to run in a "Full Screen" mode if possible, much like pressing (F11) in Internet Explorer.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Manually maximize Access app and maximize report. Set db options to hide ribbon and navigation pane. That should get you close. Code can set a custom ribbon so even the Home tab doesn't show. (I do that. Just realized with Access 2010 users have the File tab. Now I need to figure out how to hide that, if possible.)

However, the app Min/Max button is still available. More code can even make the Access app frame not visible. I've seen sample db to do that but never used it.

When you want to open the db for design mod, hold down the shift key to override most of the db options and bypass code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.