jerepois is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Hello and how was everyones week?

Hey everyone,

I am a new user to the forms which puts me in a place where I do not know anyone here. I figure I should break the ice by introducing myself and telling you a breif summary of my week in hopes others would respond back in kind.

My name is Jeremy, but I do go by Jerepois on forums. I currently am developing an access toolset for a client to manage and track progress of work. In January I am moving out of the office and starting my journey from Software System Design Engineer to a Apprentice Pipefitter. I am still young and I found a potential career path where I can incorporate my past computer science education with a red seal ticket in a few years. I don't think working the tools for 3 years is that bad of a job if it get me back in the office at a higher pay scale.

Now to talk about my week. To be honest I work one week on and one week off. I also get my weekends at the office to myself because all the bigwigs are all gone home for the weekend. So half of my work week I am unsupervised which is completely awesome. The depressing part is that right now our group is severely understaffed so I am the one who usually has to pick up all the extra clerical and administrative work ontop of building the tools needed. This week has been slightly more chaotic due to the shutdown happening in two weeks so everyone is frantically throwing stuff at me which they could have done themselves and had it sooner than being in my queued list of work.

I am newish to the access platform, I've always used Oracle or MySql for past projects so this I feel is a weird step forward for me. I am excited and ready to continue with this project until the new year.

I should probably head off to bed,

Stay Safe,

JerePois

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Software design to pipefitter seems like an odd jump!

What is a red seal ticket?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Looks like it is a proficiency certification in Canada for trades - automotive, welding, .... (I googled it )
    http://www.red-seal.ca/about/pr.4gr.1m@-eng.jsp

jerepois is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    It is a pretty big jump, but who said putting all your eggs in a single basket was a good thing anyways.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.