ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Export to Word Doc Table

Nothing fancy here. Early binding is used to open a Word Doc, create a table in the doc, Export data from a query object to the table, save the Word Doc, Close the word doc.

Because early binding is used it may be easy to add formatting, sizing, etc.

Oh, and never mind the goofy name I gave the word doc within the sample DB. I originally tried to use a Mail Merge connection to populate the table but gave up on that idea.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Abacus1234 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Wow! I appreciate all the effort you have gone to. If I go quiet for a while it's because I'm processing all the info you have given me, but I'm quite sure that I am making huge progress towards my goal. Thanks very much

I have a couple of questions. Can DAO be used across all versions of Office?

Having successfully got the code to pull in the results of a multi-row query, I would like to be able to leave a space in the document and then pull in a second table. Whatever I try seems to overwrite. Would I use Range or possibly Bookmarks to achieve this? Thanks.

I have never tried anything like that. I would not be surprised if it is possible. Maybe adding an excel object to your Word doc and then linking said object to Access is easiest.

I will suspect connecting to Access from Word will place the Access file in Exclusive mode.

Thanks for the response. I don't understand the benefit of adding an Excel object. Generally, I would not want to complicate things on the users end by adding another piece of software into the mix. The actual data that I need could be found in one file, although I would need to format into 3 sections. I need somehow to create totals for the three sections and put them in a row at the beginning of the section not the end. That's what comes of providing government forms, they are not particularly logical. Thanks very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus1234 View Post
    ...I don't understand the benefit of adding an Excel object. Generally, I would not want to complicate things on the users end by adding another piece of software into the mix...
    Then I suggest using Access to export data to the Word Doc and be done with it. There is an example of how to do this in post #1. If you need to format the table, use early binding and the instantiation of objects to access Format properties of the table object.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.