Subform is Read Only, cant seem to make Read/Write, PL HELP!

Hello,

I am working on anothers database that has a couple of bugs in it. One of them in which I am trying to work out has a subform within a main form. When the form (that holds the subform as well) is loaded, the tab starts in the datasheet subform. When someone presses a button, access pops up and displays a msgbox saying that the "record is read only and cannot be set." I want to get rid of this problem and this darn message box because then, the form allows me to input information and a macro allows the update of the main table.

The subform gathers its information from a query which selects it off of a table...basically QuerySelectHours is the query which gathers information from the SHHR Table. When I open the query in datasheet form view, I am able to insert information into that datasheet, but for some reason, not on the subform.

I have looked at the AllowAdditions, AllowEdits, AllowDeletions, etc, DataEntry, and they are all set to Yes or True. I have tried various EventProcedures, but maybe Im coding wrong? Well, obviously I am, please help!!!!

I'm stuck at the same problem. I'm trying to reference to a subform, but access claims that the form isn't open. Well, its a subform, its loaded inside the form with the macro so of course it's open!

ugh~

I think I know that one

Try referencing the subform with me.[formname], so for example if your subforms name is stuff try me.stuff.

You have to reference the subform as me.[formname] if you are using an action control from that current subform. If you are trying to reference it from another form altogether, then you use [forms]![formname] so you would use [forms]![stuff] for the form stuff.

Hope that helps, if you know anything about the subform read write problem, pls help!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.