flexeh is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

im stumped over a couple of things showing id not value and a sort combobox

Hi Guys

can you help me with a couple of minor things ive got as i'm a little confused.

I have a form (lostprop_form) that I use to record data which is recording the info correct in a table (tbllostprop). However another form (view_lostprop) ive created to display the data listed by tbllostprop isn't displaying it correctly (see pic 1). The item found is listing the id number and not the actual item. Database2 is the table its pulling from. and database3 is the form to input the data. - Wondered if anyone has suggestions as ive tried everything. Also how do i get the choose site combo box above to sort the list below by station as again tried everything i can think of

Also as the purpose of this database is to record lost property, there are going to be occasions where items are collected and reunited with its owners. Is there a way i can click the relevant one in the list that would take me to the original (lostprop_form) which then adds more information such as a check box to say collected, and a couple of text boxes so the collector/collectee (not sure the right plural) details can be submitted, and then it changes the colour of the entry on view_lostprop so we know that's been collected.

hope you got what I meant

cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	database1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	17182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	database2.jpg 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	17183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	database3.jpg 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	17184

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I am confused. I don't see item ID in first image. Which field is it? If you mean the ItemType code, then the listbox RowSource needs to be a query that joins tables so that related information is available.

What are database1, database2, database3 - the image names?

Changing color of row in listbox, if even possible, would require VBA code. Use a subform instead and Conditional Formatting for textbox.
    Bing: Access VBA listbox row color
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-row-colouring
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

flexeh is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Hi June

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you

Sorry for the confusion db1 db2 and db3 is the pics above and yes the item type in the first image is giving a number but if you see the second image the item type is giving the text. The list box is linked to the table that's storing the data (db2)to it but not sure why it's pulling a number instead of the text

It's all in early stages but it's really stumped me

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Have you set Lookup on field in table? Advise not to do that http://access.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

Listbox is showing a number because that is what is actually stored in table. As noted, listbox RowSource needs to be a query that joins tables so that related information is available.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.