Divindunk is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

How to reset conditional formatting default settings

How do I reset the default conditional formatting settings in access 2003 I need to rest to transparent border and background when no conditions are met. Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Conditional Formatting cannot change BackStyle and BorderStyle properties. That would require code. And the result would show on all records. Why do you need transparent? Why not just black or grey?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I have a form with a lot of fields for production data entry which was based on 12hr shifts. The company now is working 3 8hr shifts so thought a simple solution to aiding data entry into correct controls would be to replicate the shift data control and grey out the cells not required by condition formatting to grey out when morning/afternoon or night. The principle works and changes for each shift but the default setting for conditional formatting is grey background.

NTC is offline VIP
    actually the statement "default setting for conditional formatting" is somewhat contradictory. If one right clicks on a text box and chooses the Conditional Formatting option - you will then see the conditions/formats set up for the control. You can delete those; in which case there is no conditional format. But there is no 'default' conditional format - every/any conditional format must have been set up by someone at some point in time.

So although the dialogue box calls it the default formatting it is the same as the other settable Conditions 1 2 & 3? If that is so and the clear options are not available at all can I acheive this with code - I have used some code but am not an expert! Thanks for your help.

June7 is online now VIP
    Re code: see post 2: "And the result would show on all records."
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.