Silvera is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Unhappy A Report for a time period you list the start and stop dates.

Several years ago I picked up some nice code for just a report. They have slowly stopped working in several, probably all of the DB. I'm not sure if it is a "It worked in Access to 2007 but not in 2010 or 2013 issue." The basic premise is you enter a start date and/or an end date. With both you get data for as specific time period. With just the start date you get everything after that date and with the end date you get everything up to that day. I'm hoping someone out there remembers this nifty program, and can help me make it work in 10 or 13. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What does 'stopped working' mean? Error message, wrong results, nothing? Should work just as well in 2010/2013 as in 2007.

Would have to review the code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    The variables are no longer passed from the date form to the report.

June7 is offline VIP
    I have no idea why that would happen.

Still would have to review code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

You will not or maybe you will believe this. I was running the code to make sure I was following it correctly. I got an "Missing End If" notification. So I copied the code from a similar form for a different set of documents. Yes there was 2 missing end ifs' in a row that should have triggered long before now. So I then replaced several lines of code with the code from another DB that had correct code structure but also was not working. The replacement code ran perfectly. I have at least 6 project database the did not pass the variables between the form and the report. It worked just fine. So I will examine all the different codes and debug further. I guess this can be listed as resolved for know I have only tested for start to end date. I will now test the other 2 options and see if those are working correctly. And hopefully get everything working and redistributed to the other DBs. Thanks for responding. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have been able to get 3 of the 4 functions working as the original did. I have another issue that I am sure that even though I started this database in the 80's I have not learned much. I have learned how to simplify coding by example and then experimenting. There are 2 probably a simple questions that I have been trying to resolve for some time now. I have a form that all the basic information is recorded. Occasionally there is a special case where additional information needs to be recorded. From the first form by clicking a label that is working as a button to open another form to record this information. My issue is I would like the new form to open with the record that was edited in the previous form. I have failed miserably in the past few months. My other I also thought would be simple and have tried to resolve. It is what a specific record cell is left blank I would like and other cell to be a NO and if there is date in that cell the other cell will register Yes. June7 I am betting that you probably can help or point me in the right direction.

June7 is offline VIP
    What do you mean by 'open another form' - do really mean the same form but open to a new record with the same information as the previous record just added? You want to 'carry over' data into a new record?

You have a yes/no field you want set depending on another field? Seems redundant to me. However, an expression in ControlSource can calculate: =IIf(IsNull([date field]), "NO", "YES")

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.