chessico is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Query which shows all data from different tables

Think this is probably simple but so long since I used the code! I have recently added a new table to my DB in response to a new
    situation requiring the provision of Loyalty cards. I need to run an old query which worked fine previously.
    My Tables used in the query were
    tblMembers, tblPayments the query returned every member paid within a specific date range. 500 records
    I have now made a new table of Loyalty Cards- tblLoyalCard with key field LoyalID and two fields LoyalCard1, LoyalCard2.
    I have added as a foreign key LoyalID to my tblMembers
    My query now only displays members records that have data in the new table -tblLoyalCard 356 records Members cannot be members without a payment however not every member has a loyalty card.

I want my query to display all records even if they do not have a loyalty card.
    I added this new table because a member can have more than one card otherwise I would have simply added it to the members table as an attribute

lfpm062010 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    It looks like you need to use LEFT from tblMembers to tblLoyalCard on field LoyalID.

To read more about it.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.15).aspx

Windows XP Access 2003
    Sounds Easy and I looked it up but code is complicated enough already so wouldn't know where to begin adding the Left Join. This is what I've got but it doesn't produce full set of current members
    SELECT S_Members_Table.MemberID, S_Members_Table.DOB, S_Members_Table.Title, S_Members_Table.FirstName, S_Members_Table.LastName, S_Members_Table.Nickname, S_Members_Table.Address1, S_Members_Table.Address2, S_Members_Table.PostCode, S_Members_Table.Phone, S_Members_Table.Email, S_Members_Table.DateJoined, S_Members_Table.[Spouse Name], S_Members_Table.SpouseDOB, S_Members_Table.Occupation, S_Members_Table.Deceased, S_Payments_Table.PaymentAmount, S_Payments_Table.PaymentDate, tblLoyalCard.LoyalCardNo1, tblLoyalCard.LoyalCardNo2
    FROM (S_Members_Type INNER JOIN (S_Members_Table INNER JOIN S_Payments_Table ON S_Members_Table.MemberID = S_Payments_Table.MemberID) ON S_Members_Type.MemberTypeID = S_Members_Table.MemberTypeID) INNER JOIN tblLoyalCard ON S_Members_Table.MemberID = tblLoyalCard.MemberID
    WHERE (((S_Members_Table.Deceased)=False) AND ((S_Payments_Table.PaymentDate) Between IIf(Format(Date(),"mmdd")>"0630",DateSerial(Year(D ate()),7,1),DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,7,1)) And Date()));

SELECT S_Members_Table.MemberID, S_Members_Table.DOB, S_Members_Table.Title, S_Members_Table.FirstName, S_Members_Table.LastName, S_Members_Table.Nickname, S_Members_Table.Address1, S_Members_Table.Address2, S_Members_Table.PostCode, S_Members_Table.Phone, S_Members_Table.Email, S_Members_Table.DateJoined, S_Members_Table.[Spouse Name], S_Members_Table.SpouseDOB, S_Members_Table.Occupation, S_Members_Table.Deceased, S_Payments_Table.PaymentAmount, S_Payments_Table.PaymentDate, tblLoyalCard.LoyalCardNo1, tblLoyalCard.LoyalCardNo2
    FROM (S_Members_Type INNER JOIN (S_Members_Table INNER JOIN S_Payments_Table ON S_Members_Table.MemberID = S_Payments_Table.MemberID) ON S_Members_Type.MemberTypeID = S_Members_Table.MemberTypeID) LEFT JOIN tblLoyalCard ON S_Members_Table.MemberID = tblLoyalCard.MemberID
    WHERE (((S_Members_Table.Deceased)=False) AND ((S_Payments_Table.PaymentDate) Between IIf(Format(Date(),"mmdd")>"0630",DateSerial(Year(D ate()),7,1),DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,7,1)) And Date()));

Windows XP Access 2003
    I tried this but get an error message
    Syntax Error (missing operator) in query expression '(((S_Members_Table.Deceased)=False) AND ((S_Payments_Table.PaymentDate) Between IIf(Format(Date(),"mmdd")>"0630",DateSerial(Year(D ate()),7,1),DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,7,1)) And Date()))'.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Thank you - it does work. I put inner join here to experiment before but got syntax error so assumed I'd done something wrong. so after you actually typed it into the code I realised I was on right track until syntax message however on rechecking I noted that last part of code
    had this space in it causing the error
    Between IIf(Format(Date(),"mmdd")>"0630",DateSerial(Year(D ate()),7,1),DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,7,1)) And Date()));
    - So Yes it works brilliantly Once again thank you

That is great.

Sorry that I did not notice the space.
    Copy and paste in the forum, sometimes get some extra space.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.