crowegreg is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

custom sized tractor feed forms

I created a database in Access 2003 to print forms that are sized 7 11/16" by 8 1/2". These are printed on an Epson LQ-570e dot matrix printer. The forms are tractor feed, continuous forms. The customer has now upgraded to a new machine with Windows7. They also upgraded to Office 2010/Access 2010. I'm having difficulty with my custom form. Epson doesn't show on their site to have a driver specific for this printer on Win7. It shows to use the default windows driver. Within page setup for this form, I do not have the option for a custom form size.

Any suggestions to fix this problem??

Thanks in advance!!

June7 is online now VIP
    By 'print forms' do you actually mean an Access report object printing to preprinted stock?

Try:
    Report in Design view, click PageSetup on the ribbon. On Page tab Paper Size select User Defined and Use Specific Printer. Then on Columns tab set the column Width and Height, something like 7 and 8.

If this doesn't work, might have to resort to something like Crystal Reports.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks for replying.

Within the paper size, I do not have the option of user defined or custom. Is that because of the printer driver or because this an Access 2003 DB format?

June7 is online now VIP
    Could be because of printer driver. Did some more testing. The User Defined option presented with Konica Minolta 20. With Konica Minolta 652 I get Custom Size option.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I think you're correct. I'm working remotely to solve this customer's problem. When I get connected to their machine, go to the printer, select properties, within page selection, I do not have the option of a customer size. When this printer was manufactured, it was for Windows XP. Epson doesn't make a driver for this printer for Win7. It's using a default windows driver. Within Epson's web site, it gives instructions for setting the default page length on the printer control panel. Before I recommend to the customer to make changes to the printer settings, I wanted to make sure it wasn't something within Access possibly causing the problem.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.