Jeffco is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Converting an Access 2007 table to Microsoft SQL Server

I need to covert an Access 2007 Database to Microsoft SQL server database for website use. I tried doing this and Access told me it was converting the 2007 table called BaldEaglePhotos to BaldEaglePhotosSQL1, but when I look in my working file directory there is no new files there, only the BaldEaglePhotos.accdb file. Can anyone tll me what I need to do to make this conversion and find the resulting SQL database?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Is that table using Attachment field to hold photos? Attachment field is not compatible with SQL http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ssma/archive...nversions.aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Jeffco is offline Novice
    I do not have an attached field. I looked up the deffinition of an attached access field on google. It is a database of text and numbers. This is just a dbase of listings to tell a website how to find photo on the website and post the photos to the website from the appropriate location on the website. There are no files or anything else stored in the database. The database is for a nature photography website being developed. It includes categories and subcategories of animals, Names of photos, locations of photos on the website, photo prices for various sizes, text descriptions of the photos, and hash tag text. There is nothing attached to anthing that I can think of. Every field is text or numeric.

When I am finished with the conversion Access tells me the converted database is BaldEaglePhotosSQL1, but if I do a computer wide search for that name, nothing is found.
    Last edited by Jeffco; 06-12-2014 at 10:36 AM.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    I dont know what an attached field is either...you can have an attached TABLE (with fields in it)

Jeffco is offline Novice
    An attached field is a special field where you can store a file or an image in the database. This definition came from a google search.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    It's an Attachment field type, not an attached field.

Sorry, I've never migrated db to SQL. Incompatible field types is the only issue I could think of.

I tried a Bing search and couldn't find anything on issue of phantom SQL database.

Very weird issue.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.