kyleg is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Design View Keyboard Shortcut - Have searched many forums/websites.....Non Existent?

Helllo All,

Hoping you can help, this is my very first post.

I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut to expand the columns in "design view" of a query.

What I mean by this is rather than selecting all of the columns and double clicking to see the entire text, I'd like to be able to a shortcut.

The entire process as I see it involves 3 steps so I will need thesolution to the 3rd step.

(1) [ctrl+spacebar] to select initial column
    (2) [shift+arrows] to select all of the columns I need
    (3) [keyboard shortcut] will expand all of the columns "field" names to the size of the column heading

Alternatively, if you know of a shortcut that will expand the columns without having to select them first I'll take it!!

Thanks!!!

Kyle

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I don't know of a way to do that in the design view but it's pretty simple to just highlight everything then just double click on the line between each field to expand them (just like excel) you don't have to do it column by column

errr that didn't seem clear to me after reading, you can select the columns just the way you're doing now, but after you've selected the columns you want to fit just double click the line between fields (between any two fields will work just fine)

kyleg is offline Novice
    Thanks rpeare,

A keyboard shortcut would be very useful for my day to day work. Trying to use the mouse as little as possible.

FYI, for excel just use [ctrl+~] and it will expand all columns. (it will also show all formulas so be mindful of that)

Appreciate if anyone can solve!!

kyleg is offline Novice
    Hello All,

Sorry to Troll, does anyone have an answer for me? If its not possible, I can accept the "NO" and move on.

Wondering if it's possible to create a custom shortcut for this? If so, how that process might work?

Thanks!

Kyle

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can't code behind a query. Build a form using query or SQL statement in RecordSource. Review http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210427

The trick is figuring out where to put code. Perhaps the form Open event.

I've never tried programming shortcut or function keys.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.