edmscan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Access 2010 Re-Configuring on Startup

I just installed Office 2010 .. on my Windows 7 Ultimate machine and it is a fresh install of Office 2010 Plus and Windows 7.

I had it installed on my old OS install (Windows 7 Home Edition) and it was fine. But I don't think it is OS related but more of a registry issue.

So .. kinda annoying to say the least. Excel and Word are fine. But I did install a registry hack for all 3 programs ... to set it not to re-register.

Has anyone has this issue ? and fixed it. If so I would like to know how you fixed it. I am desperate at this point.

It is a well documented problem, but I have yet to find a fix for it. Any help would be appreciated .. as you can imagine it is a problem.

Honestly I would rather have it be one of the other programs having the problem, as I use Access all the time.

Thanks
    Kevin

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I do not understand the problem. You edited the registry for Office and now Access is doing a Just In Time compilation when it opens an Access file? Access runs a JIT multiple times for the same file?

The problem was happening since installation .. it is a well well documented issue. But there is not a definite fix that I could find. I am going to see if I can email MS if they have a fix.

I did the registry change .. after the fact from information I found. All 3 programs .. Access, Word and Excel were having the problem at install, but now only Access is experiencing it.This is apparently mostly an issue when there is a previous install of Office. But in my case .. there was a fresh install of Office and Windows 7.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Still not understanding the symptom you are experiencing or what you have tried to rectify it (besides doing something to the registry and something about not re-registering).

Is this the fix you tried?
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/odsupport...-products.aspx

It is described here .. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528748

Thanks

Well .. resolved it. Uninstalled the Office 2010 Suite. The strange thing is that the FILES were still there after uninstall, but the programs obviously would not run. The OFFICE folder was still there in Program Files as they were to begin with. Doesn't give me great confidence.

But .. deleted that folder manually and ran a MS vbs script designed to remove all remnants of Office 2010 .. and it didn't do so well, I saw lots of Denied Access messages.

But reinstalled Office 2010 and selected the FULL install this time and no more problems. I think this is a typical situation of the designers not testing the custom install as much as they should.

From my experience the defaults for software always work better than when you do a custom install.

So .. fixed and I am happy.

Kevin

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.