low44 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Deciding what Access database option to use for new client

Hi everyone,

So I am new to the forum and relatively new to the industry and I am looking forwards to getting involved in this forum over the next few months.
    I have more of a design question. I am deciding between whether or not my client needs an Access 2013 app database or a Access desktop database probably written in Access 2010. The client seems to be inclined more towards the former but I myself am not so sure about this.

Here is a brief outline of the situation:
    - A couple other people who dont have sharepoint or microsoft access would need to be able to access the database, their skill level when it comes to access is basically non-existant
    - The database would consist of around 5 forms and 5 tables and would need to generate reports and queries such as creating email lists
    - The client does not want to spend too much money, i could see him spending 50-100 a month to be able to have this database online.

Can any one give me some advice? Am I missing something? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    As I understand it, Access 2013 has more functionality for integrating with SharePoint and deploying web database but it should be able to be used for a desktop version as well. Access 2013 drops some functionality (Collect Data, pivot table/chart, support for dBase tables).

I have seen web forms/reports and non-web forms/reports built into the same database.

Multi-user database should be split design.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

low44 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Thank you for your help! Yes the database would be split designed for sure. Do you have any resources for me on developing an access database that runs on sharepoint? I have found that the microsoft resources are all crap.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, no. I've never developed web database.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.