nogames627 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Differentiate Task Type in a Form using tab control and one source table.

I am converting the Tasks Template in 2010. I have all of my tasks in one source table I have labeled them as a correspondence or an Award. I have added a tab control page on the Task Details form and I would like to make it so you can only enter Awards on the Awards Tab and Correspondence on the correspondence tab. I have made the form a Data entry form and I was planning on inserting this on a Navigation form if this is possible. I am a beginner who has little to no knowledge of VBA Modules. Can anyone advise me on a way to do this? Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    My first question is Why?

This would involve two sets of controls bound to the same fields, probably have to build a form for each category and setup as subforms on the Tab control pages. Or using unbound form and controls.

I think a navigation form will accept a Tab control but I don't like and don't use navigation form.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

nogames627 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I thought that would be easier than building the two forms. The data types are the only things that are different. Every other piece of data on the form is exactly the same. Do you have an idea on a better way to do this. I am open to any suggestions. I just want to make sure it is user friendly. Anything you can provide is greatly appreciated.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The only other approach is a conventional form with a combobox to select the category.

I just remembered I have done something like what you described and I used subforms on a Tab control. A textbox DefaultValue property is set for the category and it is not visible to the user.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.