newbie is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question Command Buttons Only Work If DB Opened In Design View Then Form View

I have what is to me a very odd situation. I have a DB that I set up almost a year ago with command buttons that open reports. About 2 weeks ago I added a new report and command button. Ever since then my existing command buttons have gone haywire. I open my DB in form view. If I select any command button I get a "The Expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produce the following error: Return on GoSub". If I go to design view / Command Properties / Event Tab / Open the Visual Basics window, make no changes just immediatley close the window and put my DB back into form view the command buttons work. Why am I having to do this little jog? It is very annoying.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    If you continue adding reports, you may try putting them in a list and let user pick one. Some even need a time range, etc. (see photo)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reports.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	16404

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    also..to the problem...the only code needed to print is Docmd.openreport "rptName" , acViewPreview.
    All the auto generated code isnt really needed.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I wish I could provide the DB for review but by the time I remove all the PHI there wouldn't be much left to look at. As to the suggestion of the list, this is kind of what I am doing. I just have a form that provides all the lists available. I used command buttons because there is additional text telling the user what the report is, what details it will provide, etc. that doesn't fit in the list. Also, I create the command buttons without the wizard so I don't get all the extra coded.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You can remove embedded macros from Command Button and replace it with code example in post 4. You can also add additional code to manage a MsgBox or whatever else you want.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for all the replies but I figured out what was causing the strange occurance of this error. There was a random "Got Focus" event that got set on one of my buttons that only had the Private Sub End Sub code and nothing else. I deleted that and now all my command buttons are back to normal.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.