RobbertH is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Open form based on query results

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and new to access as well. I do have Excel developer experience so coding is not new to me. I hope to use this forum to get experienced with access as well.

Here is the thing i am trying to pull off.
    I have a form that searches for keywords in another form (form data). The result of a command button on this search form is a query that shows the matches that the search has found. The query consists of two columns: one colum with an identifier and a column that counts the hits of my search (eg when my search consists of 3 words and two of these 3 words are found this column would show 2). The count column is sorted in decend so that the "best" hits are shown at the top.

Now i want 1) to open the form with the "best" hits and 2) have a command button on the form (form data) that will allow me to jump to the second best hit and then to the third etc.

How can i pull this off?

Thanks for any help!

Robbert

RobbertH is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Anybody?

I cant find a pretty solution for my problem. I find myself searching for a solution that would have worked in excel. I came up with something that does at least the first thing. However it requires me to open two extra windows, eg the queryresult and a form based on the query result. Here i have the result shown as a text box. Having the first result in the text box allows me to "name" this entry and using it as a reference when opening my final form. This is something I would have done like this in excel and through this workaround works pretty fine in access as well. I do however believe that there is a more pretty way of doing this but due to my lack of access knowledge i dont know how.....

The second point i have solved by creating a button that goes back to the form based on the query result. Here i can scroll down to the next best option and open the final form according to the entry shown in the text box. Again not a very pretty solution jumping from one form to the other.

Any ideas how access allows me to solve this issue?

Thanks for any help!

Robbert

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.