steveles14 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Report not populating with correct information from information entered on Form.

Hello new to this forum, and a wee bit rusty on Access at this point. I work for a company that has many field installers, of which are issued Laptops, netbooks, etc., to do their jobs. To date, there was no tracking of this equipment other that a sheet of paper which may get lost in the shuffle over time.

I was asked to put a database together to better handle this issue more efficiently.
    I have one table which consists of: equipDesc, Make, Model, Serial, IssuedBy, DateofIssue, Employeename, Dept, equipID (autonumber field), and also there are 3 additional fields for equipment transfer, date, dept.
    I created a switchboard that has two buttons, one for equipment issues, the other is for transfers. On the issue button when clicked it runs a macro that opens the equipissue form to a new record. After I imput the data for an issue into this form and click the submit button it runs another macro that consists of:
    OpenForm Args = equipIssueFRM, Form, issueqry (filtername)
    SelectObject Args = Form, equipIssueFRM, Yes
    OpenReport Args = equipackRPT, printpreview
    Close Args = Form, equipIssueFRM, prompt
    when I put in the information to the form and click submit, the query runs and asks for the EquipID which I type in, then the report opens and shows the info on the report.
    When I enter a second issue, everything works ok up to and including entering the equipID, but after I do this when the report opens it shows the information for the 1st issue. As i said I am rusty on Access and I am not exactly sure where I went wrong in my configuration of this. If I run the querys by themselves, they work as expected and show the desired record. The same holds true when I run a transfer, the query asks for the equipID, and it populates that form with the correct info, but once again, after adding the additional info, I still see the report with stuff from the 1st issue I put in. I am at a loss here!!!

Thank You!!!

Steve

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    If the Report is getting it's info from the form, then the form will have to be refreshed after each query.
    Me.Requery

steveles14 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    ok is that something that I can put into the macro that is show in the OP? I assume this would need done before the openreport action in the macro. in the case of the transferquery that runs, it askes for an equipid then populates that form with the data from the table then you can input the transfer info..I assume this would need done to that as well

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know the query's structure or your Reports code either. If you filter the form, run the report and want to re-run the report again, the form of course would need to re-filtered as well. The record source for the Report needs to requery after the report closes.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.