lynthel is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Issue with Displaying sub-forms.

Doc1.zipI have a form with tabbed sub forms...
    when main form is opened, it is populated with a program and info about the program...
    also, sub-forms (tabbed) also open on the main form and populate with all the members of that program.
    Example:
    France program:
    Main form shows the dates of the trip, the leader, the cost, etc.
    Sub-forms will show all the participants in the France program.
    Sub-form 1 shows the personal info about the participants.
    Sub-form 2 shows the emergency contact for the participants.
    Sub-form 3 shows passport info and photo for the participants.
    Sub-form 4 shows the fees and payments for the participants.

My problem is that each sub-form is a different length, but shouldn't be. If 10 people go, then each sub-form should show 10 people.
    Each form contains the 10 people, but sub-form 1 might show 5 participant and require the user to scroll down, sub-form 2 might show only 1 participant and really require the user to scroll (one participants at a time), etc.

I have looked through the forums and found where to make sure each sub-form "Default View" is configured to the same "continuous forms"...but this did not fix the problem.

I cannot send screen shots because it contains participant info that is personal and if I remove all data, each sub-form then becomes the same size (only showing one row at the "new" position)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are the detail sections reduced?

Really need to see design view of forms.

Could make screen shots and then in Word, create box object to block out info or print screen shots, black marker the info and scan back to image, or use image editor to black out.

Or make copy of db and remove personal data from fields (Lastname, phone number, SSN, email). Easy way is to delete and recreate fields.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Are the detail sections reduced?

Really need to see design view of forms.

Could make screen shots and then in Word, create box object to block out info or print screen shots, black marker the info and scan back to image, or use image editor to black out.

Or make copy of db and remove personal data from fields (Lastname, phone number, SSN, email). Easy way is to delete and recreate fields.
    Is there a way to set a form (or sub-form) to fill the screen (as in html with different browsers, different resolutions, and different monitors)?

Doc1.zip here are screen shots...let me know if you need something else...

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What are the CanShrink and CanGrow properties of the subform container control set to? I have mine set to CanGrow Yes and CanShrink No.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    What are the CanShrink and CanGrow properties of the subform container control set to? I have mine set to CanGrow Yes and CanShrink No.
    All four sub-forms are set to CanGrow = Yes and CanShrink=No...It seems that when I view the form in form view, the sub-forms all fill with records to the bottom of the screen except for one...it is showing 1 empty record, even though the page is clearly expanded to allow for 10 records to be viewed...does this help?

Under design mode, the sub-forms that do not fill down with records show the background of the grid dots...where the sub-forms that do expand correctly have only white background in the space to be filled. Maybe this will help...
    Last edited by lynthel; 04-28-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo

I found the problem. Under the sub-forms, I had manually moved the "footer" bar down 10"...this is turn only allowed for one record to fill that 10" area. When I moved the footer bar up to the bottom of the blank record (under design mode), it told Access to fill that much smaller space with the one record, thus allowing for Access to repeat this process for each and every other record. Thanks guys for pointing me in directions that helped me to figure out the problem.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.