JrMontgom is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Output a report whose output is reformatted in PDF format

I have created a report and it outputs to the screen and printer with no problem. I want to output the report reformatted in PDF format so I can attach to an email and send to various users. I don't want to send them the Report as an Access 2010 object but I want them to be able to view the report in Adobe Acrobat form using the AA reader. Appreciated any help as I have tried the DoCmd.SendObject and Docmd.OutputTo but I can't seem to get it right. Thanks for any help as I am very confused at the moment.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Yes and thanks. I really think the Help for this command needs to really stress the fact you need to Open the report and select the report before the SendObject as shown in the example above and code below. Sometimes the SendObject will work without these commands but it isn't consistent and will drive you crazy. ;-)

Code:
      DoCmd.OpenReport "strReport", acViewPreview, , strWhereDoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "strReport", False
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, strReport, acFormatPDF, strTo, strCc, strBcc, strSubject, strBody, True
    DoCmd.Close acReport, "strReport"

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    docmd.selectobject should not be necessary if focus is already on the object or you explicitly describe the object in the docmd statement by name.

It goes for other docmd also

Docmd.Close
    or
    docmd.close acform, "FormName"

If you have other code running, it is possible for the app to lose focus of the report before having a chance to send it. So I usually add the docmd.selectobject. Another approach may be to use Doevents. Althouth, I have not tested this approach.

Sending Report as an attachment in email

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    docmd.selectobject should not be necessary if focus is already on the object or you explicitly describe the object in the docmd statement by name.

It goes for other docmd also

Docmd.Close
    or
    docmd.close acform, "FormName"

If you have other code running, it is possible for the app to lose focus of the report before having a chance to send it. So I usually add the docmd.selectobject. Another approach may be to use Doevents. Althought, I have not tested this approach.
    Once again thanks for all your help although it shouldn't be necessary if object has focus I feel it is best to use the DoCmd.SelectObject, Close as it insures that the code works! Well worth the typing and no error or worst yet randomly working or not working. Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.