Russellh is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Access 2010 Exporting Report to Excel, only 95 and 2003 file formats are avail

I need to export the report into an excel spreadsheet so someone else (without access) to database can view it, sort it, play however they want to with it. The file formats avail to export to are 5.0-95 and 2003. There is no 2007-2010 format and when I export it it doesn't look the same as the report with columns out of place and some text boxes not even existing?

How do I get around this?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How are you exporting the data now. Have you tried Docmd.transferspreadsheet ?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    How are you exporting the data now. Have you tried Docmd.transferspreadsheet ?

I am selecting "External Data" at the top of the screen and then selecting "Excel" from the "Export" group.

I am not familiar with using the command you listed.

You can export a table or a query to a blank spreadsheet using the following VBA.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Query1", "FullPathAndFileName", True

THis example uses Excel 2000 format. You can change the argument to match your needs. Be sure to include the correct file extension type in the Full Path and Name of your Excel file that you are exporting data to.

Here is a list of some constants that you can use
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.14).aspx

acSpreadsheetTypeExcel7 or simply the number 5 would tell Access to save the file as 95 format.

You can export a table or a query to a blank spreadsheet using the following VBA.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Query1", "FullPathAndFileName", True

THis example uses Excel 2000 format. You can change the argument to match your needs. Be sure to include the correct file extension type in the Full Path and Name of your Excel file that you are exporting data to.

Here is a list of some constants that you can use
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.14).aspx

acSpreadsheetTypeExcel7 or simply the number 5 would tell Access to save the file as 95 format.

I don't want to export it on an old format. It is giving me no option but the 95 or 2000 format which is older than 2010 and therefore jumbles things up.
    I need to export it to a 2010 excel format which is not in the option of the link you provided.

Is there another way?

If you have Access 2010 and Excel 2010, it should recognize acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12. Just be sure to use the correct extension .xlsx

If you have Access 2010 and Excel 2010, it should recognize acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12. Just be sure to use the correct extension .xlsx

So I used

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "Sanitation ReOccuring Charges by Month Query", "\\SED-MAIN1\FolderRedirections\russellh\My Documents\Querries\Sanitation.xlsx", True

Clicked "Database Tools" then "Visual Basic" then in the new screen "Insert Module" then Pasted the Code.

Clicked "run" and it did. It created the file in the right directory.

Yet I get the error that I can't open the file because it is in the wrong format.
    Any Ideas?

I just now noticed you replied to this thread. I do not know why that happened. What file extension does the resulting file have?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.