send2steph is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Limit combo box list on the subform based on the main form while using a Split Form

I don't know if I'm trying to make this too hard and just being dumb or what. Please help.

The database is a parts (SKU) database. I'm creating a form to select SKUs to print price tags for the items.

On the main form, I can add/view an item (for printing price tags) - I'm creating a table of these items.
    --frmCreatePriceTagRecord
    populates tblTagItems, primary key is TagItemID and the actual item is SKUid
    Control cboSKU contains the SKUid for the record.

The item may have multiple options attached to it (using a subform) that will show on the price tag.
    --sfrmOptions
    populates tblOptionsPerTagItem which is the many side of a one-to-many with tblTagItems on TagItemID
    Control for the Option Item is cboOptSKU.

In the database, we've already identified the available options per SKU and these differ from SKU to SKU.

I want the available options in cboOptSKU on the subform to be limited based on what was selected in the main from in cboSKU.

Okay, I can do that - got it by setting the criteria in the rowsource of cboOptSKU to only allow those values based on [Forms]![frmCreatePriceTagRecord]![cboSKU].

However, that only works in a single form view.

In Split View, there is an issue. With the subdatasheets expanded on the rows in the datasheet portion of the Split View, the data is not showing except for the current record. It other records show the rows, but the text is blank - because the visible list of available options is limited to what is the currently selected SKU since I'm using the form control value to limit my list.

I need a DLookup, or a subquery or something to limit the list based on the table value for the current row - not the current record in the form. But I've tried a couple of things and it's not working correctly. I think I'm just having a brain fart sort of day. Can someone help me, please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails options.JPG  

send2steph is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    So, it appears this is not going to be as easy as I think it ought to be... Here is where someone was having similar issues.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...form-in-access

One of the solutions was to only limit the list in the GotFocus event of the combo box, but otherwise, leave the rowsource to show all.

Surely, there's a better way.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.