khughes46 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Getting 1 report for each selection in a multi-selection combo box

I have a multi-selection combo box that give the user an option to select up to 4 reasons for a meeting. When I created the report I get a separate report for each purpose selected. How do I get all the selections on one report? Is that possible? Thanks.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    It seems you have the Open Report instructions within the loop whereby the user makes selections from the combo box. If this is so, you probably want to keep all the user selections, then do the Open Report (outside the loop to get user choices).

I am thoroughly confused by this explanation. In the table there is a field defined as a combo box that allows for the user to select more than 1 option. THis table is used for a form that works just fine. Once the item in the table is updated a report is needed. The form is closed, nothing is open except the report (using a query from 2 sources, but nothing that wasn't on the form). When I do a print preview I am expecting three reports, 1 for each record that was updated, and there are only these three records in my table. On record has selected 1 option, the next 2 options, and the last three options. I am getting 6 reports instead of 3; one for each option selected. I want just 3 reports. This is my first venture with a multi-selection combo box.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    In the table there is a field defined as a combo box
    see this

Further, There is no such thing as a multi-select ComboBox in Access, as far as I know.

The MultiSelect property is only available for a ListBox control.

The premise of my response was that you were using a loop in vba - you weren't, so you can ignore my previous response.

According to Access: the Display Control Combo Box, the Row Source Type is Table/Query and the Row Source is SELECT [Meeting Purpose].[Purpose] FROM [Meeting Purpose];. The field is named Meeting Purpose. After building this I get another Acces generated field named Meeting Purpose.Value, which seems to hold the values selected. I read the article and what I got was that a report based on the lookup may run slower, this report is not based on the lookup, it just includes it.

I changed the combo box to a list box and that works much better. Thanks to all who replied.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.