Z1nkstar is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

I Need Help I copied my access database from a network drive but there still linked?

I have an Access Database that is shared with my company on a network drive..When I Click on the drive and copy and paste it to my desktop and make changes to it the database that is on the drive also gets data changes but I don't want to change that one yet.
    When I change data in the database on my desktop it changes the database on the drive? I have tried changing the name, I have checked the source file, and I also checked to see if the program had some kind of link but still can not find any solution?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG   4.JPG   5.JPG  

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Since you have a "BE", that usually means that your database has been split into a "Front-End" and "Back-End". The Back-End usually houses all your data, while the Front-End houses all your query, forms, reports, GUI interface, etc. This is the recommended way of sharing an Access database among multiple users. Each user is then usually given there own copy of the Front-End to avoid conflicts.

However, that means that every single copy of the Front-End is linked to the Back-End (through Linked Tables). That means it doesn't matter how many copies you make or even if you change the name of the Front-End copy you are working with, they are all updating the same back-end data tables!

If you wanted a "test" version that does not update the real data, you would need to create a copy of the Back-End, and then re-point (re-link) all the tables in your Front-End database to this Back-End copy.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.