ork2002 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Exclamation When concatrelated() just isn't enough.

I have a problem. I am trying to streamline my consenting process for surgeries. I have Patient_Data table with unique patient information including a multivalue field for "operations" (ie one patient will get several procedures in one trip to the OR = Tracheostomy, Glossectomy, Neck Dissection). I have another table which relates each procedure to a multivalue field containing all the risks associated with that one procedure.

Now I have used queries to finally get it to where each patient is listed with their specific risks associated with their procedure (without duplications).

I then used concatrelated() to combine all these risks into one field to finally arrive at a query with only one row per patient with all risks listed serially in one field.

HOWEVER, I need more room. One of my records, the list cuts off with 3 risks not listed. I need more than the 255 character limit. Any thoughts?

Here is a sample of my Query... soo frustrating . I just need to list those risks horizontally for each specific patient.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Query Results.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	15708

Edit-
    Reference: Allen Browne's website- http://allenbrowne.com/func-concat.html

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have code that builds longer strings. However, it is not a function called in a query. Try calling the function from a textbox in report.

Or use Allen's workaround. See his Bug warning in the link you posted and visit that link.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ork2002 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    You are right, using the function in the report field fixed the truncation!!! Happy day. Thanks for your insight.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.