ezr is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Use auto complete feature when typing word in middle of field

I'm working with a DB to enter orders for picking. I have an item list that I'm linking to when entering orders, and bringing in the data from the item list such as item location etc.
    It's setup right now that when I type the first couple of letters into the item field it automatically brings up the matching items and if I click enter it completes the item and brings in the other fields from the item list.
    example: If I type in 'tom' I get back 'tomato', 'tomato sauce' etc. and when I choose the right one and hit enter it fills up the rest of the required info such as item location.
    What I would like it to do is have the auto complete also check for middle words.

example: when I type 'alm' it returns 'almonds', 'almond milk', but don't return 'container almonds' or 'container roasted almonds' etc.
    Is there a way to do that?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    So you want the combobox list to sort by finding the typed input anywhere in the string. I think not. AutoExpand cannot be changed. You could have the input into a textbox then set the combobox RowSource as:

SELECT [fieldname] FROM tablename WHERE [fieldname] LIKE "*" & [textboxname] & "*";

This is called cascading or dependent combobox.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.