crobaseball is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Subreport with grouping? Or a join table?

I have a report I'm trying to put together, which I'm basing off of queries I've created. This is what I want it to look like in the end:

The title at the top is the series, in this case, "Amber Valley". It then has a number of items for sale, as you can see. I have all these items listed in a table. But the items are in subcategories. I then have another table which lists all the different sub-categories in question. The relationships look like this:

With the subcategories of FlatTrimOther listed in FlatTrimOther (there are roughly 50 of subcategories, but Flat & Trim are used the most by far, so I don't want to just have this descriptor in the Lines table).

When I embed a subreport of the lines within a report which has the series, I get all the items to list correctly without a problem:

But I don't know how to then make them separate out by subcategory. I tried to group them, but that means adding the FTO table to the picture, and since its relationship is one to many within the lines, a million records are then generated. I think I need a join table, but I'm lost on how to do it.

crobaseball is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Ok, just read another post I found and realized it was what I was trying to do. Here's the link:

https://www.accessforums.net/reports...ort-41826.html

Basically, instead of 2 reports to embed, create one query with all 3 tables. I feel kind of dumb. I think that's the way all noobies feel, ALL THE TIME, lol

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.