Jonescincy is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Access Issue with Shift Key Not Disabling AutoExec Macro

I've searched everywhere for help on this. I have a DB with an AutoExec macro. I created the DB from scratch. When I open the DB from Windows Explorer with the shift key held down the AutoExec macro still runs. If I have people on other computers open the same way it doesn't run. If I open Access first then hold the shift key down it doesn't run. I couldn't find any references to a shift key issue like this. I'm looking for an answer as to why there would be a difference on my PC between opening in WE or directly in Access. Has anyone heard of or experienced this?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This is new one to me. But I avoid the AutoExec macro. What does the macro do?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Jonescincy is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    It runs some queries and will eventually be writing reports out to folders. I don't do anything in VB nor do I care to. This has to be simple enough so other people can edit it in the future.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know why one PC is behaving differently. Possibly a registry is messed up and finding it would be a nightmare. A reinstall of operating might be the only fix.

Otherwise, alternative to the AutoExec would be to execute code (macro or VBA) behind a form that opens by default when the db opens.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.