mikeone610 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Newbie question about Access Web Compatibility

Hi. I have a Access DB I have finished building that I want to share with some friends. When I take a look at the forms, tables and queries I noticed if I right click it gives me the option to check if they are "Web Compatible" and they are.... but now what?

I have searched Google and the forums a bit and have not seen necessarily a guide or post that indicates you can just upload a Access DB to the web. I have seen a few YouTube videos that claim to be about taking an Acess DB online but really they just seemed to post copies of particular queries or tables online no forms or anything.

Is there there a way to do so either in Access or with the help of another program? If not is there a good way to allow other users to use my Access DB without a full blow copy of it and Access. Thanks!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you indeed have built a web application with Access - then it must be published to SharePoint. This is an embedded feature you will find in the ribbon. In order to publish it one must have a hosting location. Presuming you do not want to purchase and host sharepoint yourself on a fixed IP address then instead one can subscribe to Office 365 Small Business Premium which includes SharePoint, or consider a competing alternative such as AccessHosting.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.