cotri is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2000

Append Query

I am importing records from another Access database by linking tables and using the append query to transfer the records from one table to the next. I have about 5000 records in the original database I did not have the “Confirm action queries” setting checked so I let the query run that I thought would added 2 records (that is the number of records in the linked table) and now I have about 10,000 records with the last 5,000 being the 2 imported records over and over again. This same thing happened again and it brought me to about 20,000 records. I had to work out some other bugs so I have run the “Append Query” several time importing the same 2 records several times. I don’t know if this is causing problems. Once set up a unique record would never be imported more then once. I have since starting using the “Confirm action queries” and it tells me now how row(s) are being appended. There have been cases where only the 2 records in the linked table are added but I have made so many changes I don’t know how many records it will try to add next. The Table that the records are being imported does have a primary key and I have not defined one in the table being linked. Thanks for any help.

llkhoutx is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Sound like you append query has an improperly joined table.

Post the SQL for your append query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.