jun90 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

profile each user accounts?

hi! here is my problem.

i m creating a database where there is a form for new users register their particulars (which store inside a table).

after that, he/she can log in via another form and view his/her own individual status / preferences / settings (example, a record of all of his/her login dates, change his/her own particulars, etc). but he/her cannot view other users' status / preferences / settings.

this is the place where i m stuck. please help..

carlmdobbs is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Yes. I can help you. Carl Matthew Dobbs Professional

Quote Originally Posted by jun90 View Post
    hi! here is my problem.

i m creating a database where there is a form for new users register their particulars (which store inside a table).

after that, he/she can log in via another form and view his/her own individual status / preferences / settings (example, a record of all of his/her login dates, change his/her own particulars, etc). but he/her cannot view other users' status / preferences / settings.

this is the place where i m stuck. please help..
    Hello. I'm Carl Matthew Dobbs. carlmdobbs@gmail.com. I can help you through this.
    You need basic kowledge on ms Access. I have a lesson I can send you free that will teach you the basics of creating forms, tables, drop-down lists and data modeling. This is free for the asking but only if you ask for it. It can help get you started. After that you need to learn how to database before you can build one.
    You will need a lookup table that will be designed to store the user's id and name. It will be a sign-in list as a rowsource in a combo box. The combo box will be in a sign-in sheet so you know who it is that is using the database. Everything that is done in the database that access data must be tied to the person who is signing in. All queries, reports and recordsets must be hand-taylored with SQL Statements to make sure only pertinent data is observed by the user.
    If you need more information I am willing to help you one-on-one. I often will give away free advice over the phone. Email me and maybe we can schedule some time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.