I've got a bit of a problem getting a query to return a recordset without asking for parameters that have already been passed by a series of textboxes populated by the user. This occurs if the user ONLY puts a search parameter in a textbox pertaining to either, outer joined table. When the SQL statement is built and passed, a dialog box is popping up asking for the same parameter that the user has already input into a textbox. If the value is entered again into the dialog box, the query runs fine. Why won't it accept the value the first time? I haven't worked with SQL all that much so I've exhausted everything I can think of but am assuming it has something to do with the outer joins. I have four tables DETAILS,BID,STANDARD,MAT, and TOOL. My SQL up to the WHERE statement:
"SELECT * " & _
"FROM STANDARD INNER JOIN (DETAILS INNER JOIN ((BID LEFT JOIN MAT ON BID.ID = MAT.ID) " & _
"LEFT JOIN TOOL ON BID.ID = TOOL.ID) ON DETAILS.Bid = BID.Bid) ON STANDARD.[SerialItem] = BID.[SerialItem] WHERE "

so if I added....
"MAT.Description LIKE '*FASTNER*'" the dialog box would pop up asing for a parameter for MAT.Description.

Using Access 2000 9.0 Jet ver.4.0.
Any suggestions would be great.

Best Regards,
Mjack