MFS is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Adding a Picture

Good Morning,

I would like to add pictures to my database. On the user form I would like to push a button that will have you search for the picture to add. And once the picture is chosen show it on the form.
    Can anyone help?
    Mike

KLynch0803 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesevo View Post
    Good Morning,

I would like to add pictures to my database. On the user form I would like to push a button that will have you search for the picture to add. And once the picture is chosen show it on the form.
    Can anyone help?
    Mike
    Mike,

Are you trying to add the picture link to your table or just to the form itself?

Windows XP Access 2007
    My database consists of maintenance work orders. When Managers or Supervisors write the work orders I would like for them to be able to add an attached photo if they feel the need. Me, as the Maintenance Manager, would like to review these years down the road seeing the attached photos on the report.

As the Manager is generating the form and all data that they type is being saved into the table, I would like for them to also be able to add a picture and also be saved within the table.

Another example would be if I had an inventory DB, When I type in the Part # it will bring up all data including the picture of the item.

KLynch0803 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesevo View Post
    My database consists of maintenance work orders. When Managers or Supervisors write the work orders I would like for them to be able to add an attached photo if they feel the need. Me, as the Maintenance Manager, would like to review these years down the road seeing the attached photos on the report.

As the Manager is generating the form and all data that they type is being saved into the table, I would like for them to also be able to add a picture and also be saved within the table.

Another example would be if I had an inventory DB, When I type in the Part # it will bring up all data including the picture of the item.
    Here is what I used to do something very similiar... I use to own a bar and what I was doing was taking a picture of a new member with a webcam and saving it to a folder /pictures/bar/members/....

Then when the member entered they would scan there drivers license / ID / or card I issued with a card reader. It would show there membership status, picture, age and outstanding tabs on a screen behind the bar to the bartender so they could verify age etc.

I used the same database i sent you to grab snippets to achieve the process. You have to right click to place link to image but you can easily create a button to right click automatically or go to the edit hyperlink option in access toolbar if you desire...

I hope this helps.. Over the years RuralGuy has helped me a lot and he helped me on this same issue when I built mine so I give most of the credit to him to this solution.

Windows XP Access 2007

Smile

Thanks for the help. Looks to be exactly what I am looking for.

Mike

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.