NateSmith is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Group by Field Value and Email Grouped Table

Hello Everyone,

I have a database, that records many POs. I currently have a query that takes all open POs and sorts them by vendor. My goal is to write a macro that emails each vendor with their set (and only their set) of open POs.

I know how to write a macro to send an email in Microsft Outlook. However here is what I don't know how to do:

1. Write a macro (or even a query I suppose) that would identify when a row starts with a new vendor name. (Kepp in mind, I have them sorted ascending by vendor name)

2. Email the list of all POs by vendor to each individual vendor. My question - How would I get this email macro to pull only emails for a specific vendor, and then repeat this process for all subsequent vendors?

Does step #1 need to be a series of make table queries?

Thank you for anyone who has taken the time to read this and thank you even more for anyone who is willin to take the time to answer this question. I'm very grateful for your generosity. Please note though that my VBA knowledge is a result of me researching a few things on Google. If someone could point me in the right direction though, this may be all I need!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Common topic in forum.

Use VBA.

Open a recordset of the vendors and loop through the recordset, open report filtered to vendor, send email, close report, move to next vendor.

Follow the links https://www.accessforums.net/program...ook-21903.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

NateSmith is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for your help June. I actually ended up doing this a little differently. Someone taught me how to have a loop within a loop and pull values that way, which seems efficient because I'll only ever have a max of about 75 rows to look through at a time.

Anyway, your help is greatly appreciated and definitely set me on the right path. Thanks for your time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.