ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Force New Page with Footer for Group and still include Report Footer on same page

I need to use the Force New Page property for a Group Footer. I am using "After Section" in my footer property. I also have a Report Footer. Currently, the only objects in the report footer are some labels.

The purpose here is to use the Group Header and Footer to segregate the different products listed within the report. I want to distinguish the Groups by having a new page start. Then, I want a signature line for an emplyee to validate the report. The Report Footer is what I have chosen to provide the place for the signature.

The problem is the Force New Page property is causing the Report Footer to print on a separate page. I desire to have a place for the employee to sign at the end of the report but also have this signature line viloate the Force New Page property by including the signature line immediately after the group footer, on the same page.

The only solution I am imagining at this point is to add additional controls in the Report Footer that describes what the signature line is related to. At least this way the signature line does not look like an afterthought. Any ideas on another approach?

June7 is online now VIP
    Maybe a Page footer instead?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful

Still open for ideas.... VBA to Eliminate Report Footer?

It seems a page footer is the other option. I was leaning towards using a Report Header to display relevant data fields for the report in an effort to maximize real estate. Too bad I can not have a Report Header without a Report footer.
    Using the page footer option I have this....

Move contents of Report Header to Page Header
    Move contents of Report Footer to Page Footer
    Delete Report Header/Footer
    Write some VBA to conditional format my signature line labels.

Code:
    Private Sub PageFooterSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Dim intPageCurrent As Integer
    Dim intPageCount As Integer
    intPageCurrent = Me.Page
    intPageCount = Me.Pages

If intPageCurrent = intPageCount Then
            Me.lblChecked.Visible = True
            Me.lblDate.Visible = True
            Me.lineSig.Visible = True
        Else
            Me.lblChecked.Visible = False
            Me.lblDate.Visible = False
            Me.lineSig.Visible = False
        End If
    End Sub
    I think this works OK. The other option I described in post #1 would be to keep the Report Header/Footer and create an entire page dedicated as a signature page. I could add the information from the Report Header and maybe some other fields to the signature page. It still does not look right though. Using Page footer with formating looks more profesional in this particular case.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.