Dear All

I'm facing a strange behaviour of date field on my form. I try to explain in detail as follow.

I have a form based on a query. That query is based on transaction table with relating three others tables.I used a date field named "VoucDate" in transaction table type date and format is 'short date'.

In the form I build a code on Date field as 'befor update event' like this.
Code:
Me.VoucDate.DefaultValue = """" & (Me.VoucDate.Value) & """"
Now As I open the form and start entering data and enter date as like '22-07-2006' and press enter key the control step forward on next field but the date field showing the date as '22-07-200'. Several tries have been done to edit the date but still the year shows as '200'and .... as goes to next record the date field shows '22-07-2006'.

Please not that at when we were at previous record and see that date is not showing correct we press a button to delete this record. as record deleted the date shows correct.
It is concluded that only on first record the date is shows like 200 but on next record it is corrected.
I think it is enough but if need more; then please tell me.

Secondly if I remove the code the problem is solved but it will be time consuming that enter date at every record. similarly I used the same code for another field and it runs vey smart.

So please help me to diagnose the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Wasim